Pastor James List of Purity Issues
1. When was the last time you made a crude joke or laughed at one?
2. When was the last time you sat through a sexual scene on TV, probably between unmarried people – 80% are, without turning it off, maybe completely undisturbed?
3. Men especially – do your eyes look over someone attractive, in a way that would make them uncomfortable if they noticed?
4. Are there dirty words in your vocabulary that link you to the world and not to Christ?
5. Do you read books that tell stories of immorality and rationalize your enjoyment of them?
6. Do you go places where the sexual atmosphere is thick and not feel deeply troubled?
7. Are you even now, maybe this past week, struggling with an attraction or relationship with a person not your spouse, or if you’re single, not a Christian?
8. Do people sense the freedom to be off-color around you? Do they have the impression you will tolerate it?
9. How do your convictions about appropriate entertainment differ from someone you know who does not know Christ?
10. What do you think that you would not do if Jesus Christ were visually present with you?